Friday, December 7, 2012

UPDATES!

Ok so pass this on! We are going ahead with updating the server. We are putting in a NEW TEMPORARY map. Everyone will have creative abilities! You can build whatever you like! The deal with this is.. If i like it, I will have it put into a schematic and moved over to the actual server map for everyone to play with. Keep in mind this is not a competition to see who can build the best thing. It's a chance for you all to have fun! I figure we have about a week to do this just to see how this version of Bukkit runs (Still in Beta).

Please make sure you have copied your minecraft folder to a different part of your hard drive, secondary drive or USB key. IF something happens I will have a clean JAR of what the server was running.

MODS: I will be posting the client side mods that I use (Optifine, Rei's, etc)

Also I am thinking of changing the blog over to a website like my personal one. Not sure if I can do that with Blogspot but I will see. If not I will have the site listed here to go to wordpress. It will make things easier to find. Such as the mod list and IP etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a new feature for the server. When you go to log in it will say "Server starting up. Please wait" There will be a cancel button and you can then reconnect immediately. This is basically putting the server into sleep mode to save bandwith and resources.

Feedback welcome!!

2 comments:

  1. Is it possible to have the schematics of me and demos town sent to me, it's for various including 3d printing. I found a working version of mcedit so all i need is the schematics

    ReplyDelete
  2. also BTW, minecraft 1.5 will have a new mod API for vanilla servers, if it is possible to port bukkit mods over to this new api it will be far easier to keep up with the updates

    ReplyDelete